Australian Optus Prepaid SIM Activation Guide
The OPTUS SIM can be activated online prior to entering Australia (they let you verify your ID by using any international credit card).
First figure out which plan you want at: http://www.optus.com.au/shop/mobile/prepaid
ie if you buy the $30 preloaded SIM, then most likely the $30 Prepaid Ultimate plan
1. ENTER YOUR SIM NUMBER
2. YOUR DETAILS
3. YOUR NUMBER
4. YOUR PLAN
- There are 3 different types of plans for you to choose from, "MY PREPAID ULTIMATE", "MY PREPAID DAILY PLUS" AND "MY PREPAID LONG EXPIRY". Select the one suitable for you.
- You can recharge your sim right away or you can recharge it later.
We recommend the preloaded plans so you don't have to recharge them
- Untick any option that wants to do Auto-recharge (this will cause your credit card to be billed when it runs out of credit
6. YOUR IDENTITY
- We recommend to confirm using your credit card (foreign credit card should be no problem at all)
- You can also activate with your passport, but the Australian visa number needs to have entered Australia, hence why we recommend to confirm ID with Credit Card instead.
If you are not Australian citizen, select "Foreign Passport (Australian Visa)"